Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Out with the old, in with the new

Now that school's all finished (enthusiastic A's on all my papers, of course!!), I finally have time to write a thing or two.

Relating to the blog, the most exciting development we have to date is an upgrade in equipment. We got a new camera! Here's what we were using before:

It's an old Canon PowerShot, 3.2 megapixels of decent picture-taking. The worst thing about this old camera, though, is its extremely weak battery life and even weaker user-friendliness. It really was a pain in the butt, and I'm not sad to see it go. But it must be said, it did take a lot of pictures for us, and was there when we needed it, even if it did take multiple efforts to make one shot.

Here's what we're using now:
It's a Casio Exilim ZX1000. Quite the upgrade! It's got 10.1 megapixels, amazing battery life, and is so easy even Jackie can use it without any trouble whatsoever. I really couldn't be happier with it. And at this point it is most appropriate to thank my good buddy James Heneghan, currently in Birmingham, UK, for his expert advice on camera shopping. I couldn't have done it without him, seeing how I know very little about photography and what makes a quality camera. Mad Props, James! Mad Props.

One note: the "neutral" pictures were taken by my old Japanese Nokia cell phone, which accounts for the poor focus. But for a cell phone, it takes the best pics I've seen.

Here's a little perspective on the Casio's size:It's quite sleek and small! Truly fits in one's pocket. What a delight.

Here's a shot taken with the new camera:
Jackie and her friend Robyn went early into the city to try and get in to one of the many famous morning shows that are produced here in NY. They ended up mixing in with the crowd at the Today Show on NBC, and Jackie got to meet her favorite, Ann Curry! Ann does a lot of news for NBC, and whenever Jackie sees her, she says, "Oh, Ann is so cute!" Jackie doesn't get excited about much in life that doesn't involve food or hotels, so it was fun to see her enthusiasm over meeting her. Apprently they had a nice little conversation. It was pretty cold that day (about 28 F or -2 C), hence the hats. A beautiful winter morning.

As soon as I get over having the flu (no fun), I'm going to make a foray into NYC myself and get some great images of the city. The decorations in New York this time of year are really something else. I'll post a few when I get a chance.

Well, that's all for now. Keep checking, because soon we'll have some very exciting news for the Bergstrom family! It'll be one that you won't want to miss...

4 Comments:

At 8:45 AM , Blogger Curtis & Becky said...

I heard that news and I am very excited for you both. It is an exciting adventure and full of new feelings and events!!!!

 
At 5:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new camera looks good Jeremy. I can't wait to see the pics you take in the City with it.

JB the elder

 
At 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the wonderful news!
I'm glad you got a camera you like, but I've used cameras similar to both of those (for work) and I have to say that I like your old one better. It's hard to steady the lighter cameras; there's just not enough weight to them. Oh well. Love ya, Bergstrom. Merry Christmas!
PatriciaJB

 
At 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new camera!! You made an excellent choice!! James

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home