Friday, December 22, 2006

Daytrip

The other day I took that little foray into Manhattan. I did a big loop from Grand Central to Times Square, Central Park, UN bldg, and then went back to Times Square and up to Rockefeller Cntr to get a few night shots. Here are a few of my favorites:

The top of the Chrysler Building, over Grand Central and another building.
Here is a view of the Empire State Building, as seen from across the street from Bryant Park.
Here is a view of Grand Central Terminal. It's a beautiful train station, and the light show on the wall and ceiling during the holiday season is impressive.
Here's a fun shot of Times Square from off 42nd Street.
Here's another of Time's Square:
Jackie and her friend Robyn went to see the Rockettes Christmas show last week. They really enjoyed it!
This pic is for Johnson. Your future employer is an interesting place.
Lots of "illuminations," as the Japanese would say. This building was right across the street from St. Paul's Cathedral.
Here is the tree at Rockefeller Center, the home of NBC studios.
And here is Rockefeller Center itself, on the right. They had big snowflakes of light descending the building. The left is St. Paul's Cathedral, one of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen.
New York really enjoys its Christmas celebration. I wish I could put up all the pictures I have, but frankly, I don't think many of you are that interested. Macy's was great with all their window displays, but because of the crowds it was too difficult to get a good shot.
We were away this year during New Year's Eve, but thanks to the coming baby, we'll be staying around here next year. Maybe we'll make the trip then. We'll see! Time's Square looks insane on Dec 31st.

Thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 3:45 AM , Blogger J said...

Happy New Year guys.. and congratulations! I hope Jackie is feeling alrite. BTW, great photos.. I hope one day I can take them myself. :) Take care and keep us posted.

 
At 1:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jeremy sensei,

Glad to see your updated blog post!

Everytime I read yours I learn fresh vocabulary. You're a wonderful teacher to me. Thanks.
One day I consulted an urban dictionary on the net to find“butt”and saw a really nice one!(Guess what!),then I found new phrases,like“DON'T HASSEL THE HOFF”and“ACME LOONIVERSITY”. They were like Greek to me.

Oh yea,your Casio is so nice.I really enjoyed the beautiful sceaneries in NY. Why don't you publish a photo collection? I'd buy it!
Last but not least,when's the baby due?

See you,

Sgt.Saunders

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger James Heneghan said...

There are indeed some nice photos there Mr.B!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home