Friday, May 25, 2007

Due to popular demand...

I'm back! The last several weeks of the semester were brutal...regular 15 hour days in the library, with very little time to do anything but frantically flip through books and write. But after a grueling (and well-spent) 6 weeks or so, last Friday (the 11th) I turned in my final paper and we got on a plane that very afternoon for our last vacation as a child-less couple. I'm not complaining, really...our 6 year anniversary is coming up soon (June 9), and it's been a great time to be foot-loose and fancy free with my girl. But the time has indeed arrived to expand the Bergstrom clan, as you all know, and this new phase of life as parents is sure to be rich and rewarding.

Our trip took us to West Palm Beach, FL for a brief visit with Jackie's family and our dog Rocky. We picked up a rental car there, and drove up the East coast with stops in St. Augustine, FL, Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. We then drove up to see our friends in southern VA, then back down to NC to visit friends in Raleigh and Greenville. We flew out of Raleigh back to NY on this past Wednesday (the 23rd). It was a great trip to see some of our favorite cities and a lot of old friends...a thoroughly rewarding time.

Here's what I was driving:
Jackie was really eager to do a driving tour of the South, so since I was doing all the driving, my one condition was that we get a Mustang. So here's my 2007 Ford Mustang (mine for 10 days, anyway). It was tons of fun to drive...I'm gonna have to get me one 'a those, some day.

Even though I do have a lot of time on my hands, I don't want to post a bunch of pictures at once...each is worth due attention, and I just don't feel like doing all the work of resizing and posting so many photos. So, I'll give you a few of the best shots over the course of the next week or two.

Also, we just got back from our most recent doctor's appointment, and things are looking really great with the baby. The ultrasound gal told us he has a big head, long arms and legs, a small abdomen, and most important of all, he's fairly impressive in the...umm..."boy" department. And of course, she said she's not just saying that to make us feel good...all genuine comments. So the image that immediately came to my mind was, "Great, we're having a well-endowed orangutan." But I'm sure he'll be beautiful.

Here's a picture of Jackie and her pregnant belly. This one was taken yesterday. She's 33 weeks in this picture...that's seven weeks shy of her due date, for those of you who are new to the whole pregnancy thing! :) Ain't she beautiful?Here's another picture to hold you over until the next post, to which I'll get around in the next few days.

This is one tower and part of the wall of the old Spanish fortress in St. Augustine, Castillo de San Marcos.
It was built in the 1630's, I believe...St Augustine is officially the oldest city in North America (or at least the US), founded around 1530. The fort was originally Spanish, but traded hands between them and the British a couple times over the course of time. It was also used by the Confederates during the US Civil War.

So, like I said, keep coming back over the next few days...I'll be updating frequently with vacation photos and baby news, along with other random words.

Thanks for reading!

3 Comments:

At 11:25 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Glad you guys made it back in one piece.....I was worried with you driving that 'stang. Tell Jackalope she looks great!

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Indy Tribe said...

Jackie you look so beautiful!!!! I love that you all get to see so much of the world. We are so proud of all your accomplishments Jer! Again...can not wait to meet the new Bergstrom. Keep us updated!

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger James Heneghan said...

Good to see you back on the blogging scene!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home