Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Now THAT'S a fresh baby!!

He's finally here, in all his whimpering, pouting cuteness, a week and a half "late".

Nathanael Harrison Bergstrom
8lbs 1 oz (3.665 kg)
21 in (53.34 cm)
July 24th, 3:49 pm.

We went in for induction on Tuesday morning, around 8 am. By 10 am they had started the induction (b/c she was getting too overdue, and only 1 cm), by 1 pm she was at 6 cm and ready for the epidural...by 3 pm she was fully dilated, started pushing at 3:35, and the baby came out at 3:49 pm. Everybody is healthy and happy, and fully on the road to recovery.

Here are a few photos from yesterday and this morning:

For obvious reasons, I didn't take any pictures during drug-free labor. But here's one after the epidural:She's lovin' labor now!

Here's one of our last moments as married w/out children.
The birth was the most fascinating thing I think I've ever seen. I always knew a "baby" was in there, but it was so abstract since I hadn't seen him in real life. When this guy came out, I could hardly believe this little person had been inside my wife. Here he is after just getting wiped off. I have a more fresh, less appropriate picture if anybody would like to see it! Get in touch with me if you're curious.
This is one of my favorites...I call it his "Gollum" pic.
Here he is, getting weighed and measured. The weight's in kilos.
First eye contact. He'd been screaming bloody murder, but the moment I closed him in with my hands and started talking to him, he stopped crying immediately and looked right at me.
I think somebody gave him some cherry kool-aid.
Isn't this a beautiful shot?
This one's edited, for personal reasons! Gotta keep this blog G-rated, if you know what I mean.
Here I am after the first night. Little did I know, we gave birth to a vampire. All he wants to do is suck and stay up all night!!!
Hello?
Burrito
What are you doing to me?
This is my favorite.
Beautiful baby.
Everybody says he looks just like Jackie...indeed, her baby photo looks identical to him. I guess I provided the blank slate to her features.

I'd post more, but I gotta get back to the hospital.

Thanks for all your love and support,

And thanks for reading!

12 Comments:

At 9:08 PM , Blogger Khara Brooks said...

I have to agree with the others. He does seem to resemble Mom quite a bit, but I see a bit of good ol' Dad in there too. Seeing that little person for the first time is exactly as you described. It's the most surreal, breathtaking, awe-inspiring experience to see your own flesh and blood come out into the world. Words cannot describe it. Just wait. It never gets any less exhilirating. You will feel just as excited when he does "normal" things for the very first time. Congrats! Your new life has just begun and life as you knew it has changed forever!

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Andy said...

Congratulations, you guys! We join you in the amazement over this miracle of new birth. We are three weeks into this journey and it's been great. We wish you well and that Nathaneal continues to grow strong, healthy and handsome. May you find the personal reserves to carry you through the upcoming nights.

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger Khara Brooks said...

P.S. We used to call Elijah our little Gollum when he cried too! :)

 
At 2:14 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Congratulations! What an adorable boy! He looks so healthy and happy! You've got one really beautiful baby there!

 
At 4:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby!! Kawaii ne!!
Omedeto gozaimasu!!

I am so happy !!!

Omedeto omedeto omedeto!!!

Jeremy Otosan , Jackie Okasan
desune?

Love,
Miho

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Indy Tribe said...

He is amazing!!! He is sooooo beautiful. Yes, he looks like his momma now but they tend to morph. Ha. But I have two that look exactly like Jon and one that looks like me so if you have more there is hope for a jer jr.! Enjoy. The first week is HARD but it does get easier. We love you!!!

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger James Heneghan said...

Many congratulations Jeremy and Jackie! I'm absolutely delighted for you both!

Good luck with parenthood and please don't forget to maintain your blog from time to time (no lame excuses like "he's been keeping us up all night" or "parenthood is just so exhausting we have no time to use the internet!").

Best wishes to all three of you!

James

 
At 12:13 AM , Blogger J said...

Awesome! Congrats to the three of you.

I'm looking forward to checking your blog even more now that I know all sorts of mayhem is going to occur.

Good luck with all the post-hospital stuff and keep those beautiful pictures coming!

Wishing all three of you the best,
Johnson

 
At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a miracle they are....
He's beautiful, congradulations!!

Melanie

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Jeremy said...

Thanks, everyone! When he starts eating the good stuff (hopefully in the next couple days) I'll post more.

Miho sensei, hai! Watashi wa otosan desu! To Jackie wa okasan, desho? Watashitachi wa anata ga inaku natte sabishiku omou!

Naoki sensei, anata ga onaji!

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger Lady Nunn said...

HUMONGOUS CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) And welcome to the best club ever. :)

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger James Heneghan said...

It's not a fresh baby anymore, he's at least 12 days old! So let's have an update please and no excuses!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home