Sunday, August 05, 2007

Gene-Pool World Poll

Hello friends and family, the world over! Let's play a little game...

It's similar to American Idol (or UK Idol or Canadian Idol or whatever), where YOU get to determine the winner. All you have to do is vote!

Help us decide which parent's baby picture looks more like Nathanael.

Here I am, at about 1 month:
Here's Nathanael earlier this evening after a bath, just under 2 weeks old, wearing a giant diaper (we graduated him to size 1, perhaps prematurely!):

Here's Jackie, newborn:In the interest of ever-increasing fairness and balance, here's Nathanael's hospital portrait (added August 8th):What do you think? Does he look like me? Does he look like Jackie? Does he look like the mailman? YOU decide!! Just leave your vote in the comment section, and I'll tally them up. For those of you who are more skilled, impatient and have extra time on your hands, you can do the math yourself as the voting progresses!

Let's play... (drum roll...) GENE-POOL WORLD POLL!!! (applause)

Don't worry, more crazy baby pictures will be posted soon.

Thanks for playing, and thanks for reading!

NOTE: I must admit, I stacked the deck heavily in my favor by posting my picture first, and by putting up very similar baby poses for me and the baby. I think I'm going to need all the help I can get in this one! But rest assured, notes in my favor will be remembered fondly!

UPDATE: So far the contest is very close: 5-4, advantage Jackie. Note the addition of the hospital portrait, to allow a better comparison to Jackie's posted pic. Can't say I haven't been forthcoming!

12 Comments:

At 7:33 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Sorry Jeremy, but 100% Jackie! You'll still be the best father the world over! You have my vote for that!

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger James Heneghan said...

Jeremy takes my vote!

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger Indy Tribe said...

i'd have to say jackie but it was a close one. He is so sweet! What a handsome baby boy! More pictures please!!!!!!

 
At 8:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without a quetion, totally and exactly like Jackie. Don't worry Jeremy, it is still early on.. it's just that right now, her genes are dominating.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger J said...

My vote goes to Jeremy. Come 'on, he's a boy!

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hmmm that is hard, but I have to say that his pose was the deciding factor for me....JEREMY. Come on, they are laying the same way and every thing! Maybe it's an ear fetish.

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger Lady Nunn said...

I don't see any Jackie in him at all!!!

It is funny though, one day they will like like you, the next they'll look like your spouse, then your grandparents... they are such a mix, and then of course they just look like themselves!!

but anyway... for now? 100% Jeremy!

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger Khara Brooks said...

Sorry Jeremy. I gotta side with Mama on this one. But like someone said before, sometimes they surprise you and start resembling the other parent later on.

 
At 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say he's more like Jeremy, who still whines like a baby much of the time; probably from spending time with me at Southeastern.

--JB the elder

 
At 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie wins,sorry!
-Uncle Naoki

 
At 12:26 PM , Blogger Khara Brooks said...

Okay, seriously. Could he look any more like his mother? Those last two pictures look like the same baby. Amazing! She's got some strong genes! (And she makes a cute boy, too! :)

 
At 4:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy sensei! ogenki desuka?

My vote goes for Jackie sensei!!
gomen ne.

He is very CUTE!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home